Sunday, May 29, 2011

Untitled




16"X 20"Acrylic on canvas
inspiration: staring too close at the flame of a lighter

'When my synapses pause in my quest for applause
When my ego lets go of my end of the bone
To focus instead on the love that is precious to me
Then I shall be free
I shall be free..

I'll feel the heat of a flickering flame'
The inside of a flame...
The Blue flame...
The Flame.



Not that i had the lyrics in mind when i painted this one.. but i do..when i'm posting to share it.

Anyway , need suggestions for a suitable Title.. pls help! =) 

3 comments:

  1. Dear sister Bani, beautiful art. It has the feel of "The Scream"; was that intentional?

    I love the first stanza in the song, the second is a bit weak. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.


    In Lak' ech, sister Bani, love in colour...

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh... thank you for this painting a perspective of The Scream...! It was not at all intentional. In fact, gives me an incentive to study more of Edward Munch's work!

    As for the song... the second stanza are not really the lyrics. I added 'em. Nevertheless, it's the song Flickering Flame by Roger Waters. =)

    ReplyDelete