Sunday, October 20, 2013

Urdu Day #2

Am i dreaming?! I certainly think I am... i know it might not be a great deal for a lot many people to learn a 'language' but learning Urdu script is a dream come true!
And... just now my teacher (actually anyone till now..) just told me that i have a nice handwriting!!! :O
I don't think that is ever going to happen in English... but this script itself is a work of art!

So why Urdu? what am i going to do with it? (a typical question, that was asked in my first class)
There are many reasons though i was never able to say all of them.
a) I knew for quite some time that both sides of my grandfathers used to write in urdu...but never got an opportunity to learn from either of them. =( So how can the art in the generation not be kept alive?! :P
b) As i said, i always found it as a work of art... and at some point (hopefully) i'd want to use the script in MY art too
c) Read and write of course. I am big fan of poetry... would want to try and read as much as i can !

Hoping to never lose this excitement... ;)

My second class already... and sharing the first short story that i deciphered and copied!

~desiring perfection...


No comments:

Post a Comment