Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More Cognitive, Less Affective.

So i'm back! in the sense, i'm back with the 'kind' of art i usually do/started with.Currently being somewhat trained in skills and techniques of art i had almost stopped doing my crazy 'free association' art , whether it be thoughts, ideas or emotions. Nevertheless, combining the skills required in art (such as shading, perspective,observation, proportion,etc)CONSCIOUSLY is gonna take some time to seep into me. Somehow when i do art/(more so-used to) i never used to think about HOW it's gonna come out to be. I just did it and let my thoughts give me direction.
This is another one of those pieces...i did recently, and yes, it is more cathartic. I call this 'Twisted Nerve'- and as described in the title, it is more cognitive, and less affective. Somehow these days i've stopped FEELING, for better or worse, just a phase i guess! =)

Twisted Nerve. A3. Natural charcoal and dry pastel on paper.
 The title is of course inspired by the Kill Bill soundtrack. 


1 comment:

  1. Namaste dear sister, this is very evocative, I love it. Wow, you end up falling into it if you look at it too closely.

    In Lak'ech, sister Bani, prosper in love...

    ReplyDelete