Thursday, November 24, 2011

Coz I'm Sticking To You!

So in my study phase of art, some time back i was asked by my teacher to do a 'Copy-work', wherein she wanted to see my skills at how well I copy a piece of art .Even though that never really happened, owing to my wandering mind when it comes to art, and abstraction that I often indulge in (AND lack of patience when it comes to IMITATION!)

Nevertheless, I selected Anupam Sud's 'My Feminine Side' for reference, and compiled it into my own composition which i title 'Hair/ Coz I'm Sticking To You'. This work of mine is autobiographical and contextual at the same time. I may say, that it 'reflects' a lot things for me ranging from the Literal meaning of Hair,to metaphorically- questioning Attachments, Existence, Identity and Sexuality.

 Do note, that the the two eyes of the woman are distinct. (they were intended that way!)

Looking forward for your Feedback!

Reference: Anupam Sud's- My Feminine Side

Hair/ Coz I'm Sticking To You  .2011. [A3] Pencils and water based pencils on paper.




1 comment: